The Canadian Sports Concussion Project is led by many of the nation's leading experts in the area of brain injury and concussion.
Krembil Neuroscience Centre
- Charles Tator, MD, PhD, FRCPS, Project Director, neurosurgeon
- J. David Cassidy, PhD, DrMedSc injury epidemiologist
- Adrian Crawley, PhD, MRI Physicist, TWH
- Karen D. Davis, PhD neuroscientist
- Paul Dufort, PhD, Computational Imaging Scientist
- Apameh Tarazi, MD, Concussion Fellow
- Lili-Naz Hazrati, MD, PhD, FRCPC neuropathologist
- Mozhgan Khodadadi, MA. Clinical Research Coordinator
- David Mikulis, MD, FRCPC Neuroradiologist
- Kieran Murphy, MB FRCPC FSIR. Professor of Radiology
- Chanth Seyone, MD, FRCPC psychiatrist
- Carmela Tartaglia, MD, FRCPC neurologist
- Richard Wennberg, MD, FRCPC neurologist
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
- Robin Green, PhD, CPsych neuropsychologist and Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in traumatic
- Brenda Colella, M.A. C. Psych. Assoc. neuropsychologist.
- Angela Colantonio, PhD, Occupational Therapist and CIHR Research Chair in Gender Work and Health
University Of Toronto
- Michelle Keightley, PhD, C.Psych neuropsychologist.
The center for research in Neurodegenerative Disease
- Peter St George Hyslop, PhD, Director Tanz Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Elephtherios Diamandis, PhD Clinical Biochemist
- David Levy, MD, DOHS, DipSM team doctor, Hamilton Tiger Cats
- Leo Ezerins, Executive Director, Canadian Football League Alumni Association;
1986 Grey Cup Champion, Hamilton Tiger Cats and CFL All Star
Advisory Board to the Canadian Sports Concussion Project
The Advisory Board provides counsel to the Research Team and leads efforts in mobilizing resources.
- Elvio DelZotto, Tridel Group of Companies
- Matt Dunigan, 1987 and 1991 Grey Cup Champion, Edmonton Eskimos and Toronto Argonauts
and Member, Canadian Football Hall of Fame
- Hon. Ken Dryden, Member of the Hockey Hall of Fame and former M.P.
- Mitchell Goldhar, Smart!Centres
- Mark Goodman, Dundee Corporation
- Dr Bernie Gosevitz, Brain Campaign member and Chief Medical Officer, Rogers
- Dr Gerry Halbert, Co-chair Brain Campaign, University Health Network and Member of the
Order of Canada
- Steve Ludzik, former player Chicago Black Hawks and former coach Tampa Bay Lightning
- Hon. Roy McMurtry, former Chief Justice and Attorney General of Ontario
- Rick Moore - CEO, Richard Moore Associates
- Marc Savard, Member of the 2010 Stanley Cup Boston Bruins
- Peter Shier, Partner in Naked Creative
- Jamie Shulman, CEO Hubdoc & lawyer
- Jim Tomlinson, Partner, McCague Borlack LLP
- Richard Venn
As of July 2014 the Project had generated $4Million in donations, and in addition had received research grants from several agencies including Ontario Brain Institute, PSI Foundation, and The Weston Foundation.